Monday, October 15, 2012

Made the Cut


 During my first official women's hockey game, I surprised myself by having a great assist! I was stoked. It is great to be on a team, but it's an even better feeling to know that you are pulling your weight and contributing to play on the ice.
  Since there is no major junior hockey team, the three adult hockey leagues get coverage from the local sports reporter (aka Marcel). However, much to my dismay, this reporter thought that an assist was NOT worthy of a mention in the local sports section. He must have just been trying to push his wife to her greatest potential because this weekend, in my second game, first shift, I popped one up in the top right corner!

Marcel's take on my night of success
  I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. One of my teammates sprung free on a breakaway and took a great shot. Unfortunately, her shot was blocked, but I was able to pick up the rebound and put our first goal up on the scoreboard! What an exhilarating feeling! My biggest fan missed the shot, but after looking at the scoresheet he knew that I had made the cut for Monday's paper.


I had to post this just because I don't think I'll be no. 2 for long :)


3 comments: